Isis and his chain Take2

Now when he is bounding about in carefree abandon he occasionally meets another dog that seems to speak his language. Isis sees something louche in this. He cannot handle another creature sharing his language, I guess it makes him vulnerable and maybe it affects his sense of significance; which is obviously that he is the only terrestrial creature that can declare to the world the unique message; "Bow Wow".

Isis is a brave dog; he will bite and dismember anything that threatens his Dogness. Cell phones, TV remote controls, pens, rugs, bones and numerous members of the harmless material world have crumbled between his jaws for the simple sin of not satisfactorily affirming his Dogness. Isis will not tolerate any creature questioning or challenging his doghood. He charges and gets into a fight. Isis is very clear about the healthy way to fight. His fights are all about I win and you lose. Somehow, Isis has again been learning the hard way that, some dogs fight back, especially if they are dogs that have lived their lives with out a human in their house.

I do not know if Isis resents the protected environment I have given him but I know that when the war of dogs gets beyond what he can handle he whimpers and comes running to me with his tail between his wobbly legs. The other dogs back off when they realize that Isis has a human attached to him with a chain. The moment he hears the snap clasp of the chain on his collar; he is transformed. His dropping tail starts wagging, his frightened eyes sparkle with confidence and his whimpers turn into aggressive declarations of his dogly message to the world-

"Bow Wow". He declares to the chainless quadrupeds with an attitude that perfected David's discourse with uncircumcised Goliath. "Look you chainless fauna", he says. "I have bow wow with me, don't you dare challenge me". He keeps turning around to check if I am there to support his claims and the more he see me around the more confident he gets. Once again he strains at the chain to take me where he wants to go but I also believe that in his heart he is happy to have a chain that holds me close to him.

The chain that confines him, defines him. It defines his existence in the universe and affirms to him that he is; and yes that he is the one and only Isis and he is reminded that I am indeed his one and only pet "bow wow".

Contributed by: Arul Baliah

Send in your articles for free publication

Part of the Dream Weave Walk network

Topics

Society (19) Family (18) health (8) humour (6) computers (5) Art (4) writing (4) Religion (3) Music (1) Science (1)